01 Mar 2018
Announcing the RK3399-Q7 and RK3368-µQ7 modules
The RK3399-Q7 is the new flagship product, combining best-in-class performance with a rich set of peripherals in a 70mm-by-70mm module:
- 2 CPU clusters in a big.LITTLE configuration with advanced power-management and dynamic frequency scaling
- dual-core ARM Cortex-A72 MPCore (up to 2.0GHz)
- quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 MPcore (up to 1.42GHz)
- ARM Trustzone
- ARM Mali T-860MP4 GPU
- 2 channels (32bit each) of DDR3-1600 with (up to) 4GB
- hardware-accelerated video encoding and decoding
- decodes all common codecs, including H.264, H.265 and VP9, up to 2160p6
- encodes H.264 in 1080p30
- 2 independent camera sensor interfaces (MIPI-CSI)
- video output as HDMI, DisplayPort (eDP) and MIPI-DSI
- high-performance Gigabit Ethernet controller
- 3x USB 3.0 ports and 1x USB 2.0 ports
- PCI-Express v2.1 w/ 4-lanes
The mid-range RK3368-µQ7 module, which is designed to offer an easy upgrade path from our entry-level A64-uQ7 offering, will be the first 8-core Cortex-A53 module compatible with the 40mm-by-70mm micro-Qseven form-factor. It further adds MIPI-CSI and the option for a 4GB DDR3 configuration.
“By building our next generation of 64bit ARM-based system-on-modules with Rockchip’s RK3399 and RK3368 application processors, we will enhance our product lineup for industrial customers by offering the interfaces most requested for next-generation industrial applications. We can now offer USB 3.0, multiple independent MIPI-CSI interfaces, up to 3 concurrent displays and PCI-Express—all backed by our own in-house software support for Linux and Android,” explains Dr. Philipp Tomsich, Chief Technology Officer of Theobroma Systems, the key benefits of the new products to customers.
“Rockchip solutions have been widely used in industrial segment, but with the increasing demand from industrial customers for accelerating time-to-market and reducing development costs and risks meantime, we see more customers looking for system-on-module partner to help them in product development. The collaboration between Rockchip and Theobroma Systems will enable our customers to achieve high quality products with faster design cycles and a lower development cost. As Rockchip important local SoM partner in Vienna, Theobroma Systems will provide one-stop-shop service by offering RK3399-Q7 and RK3368-uQ7 module and Software support at the same time.” says Feng Chen, Senior Vice President of Rockchip.
Theobroma Systems again pushes the boundary of system-on-module products with these new modules:
- The RK3399-Q7 is the world’s first Qseven module featuring the high-performance ARM Cortex-A72 cores. Combining the computational performance of the Cortex-A72/A53 clusters with PCI-Express and two independent MIPI-CSI interfaces unlocks varied visual computing, image analytics and automation applications.
The RK3368-uQ7 will be the world’s first octo-core ARM module, unlocking a new level of compute performance, in the highly compact 40mm x 70mm form-factor.
- The RK3399-Q7 will ship to early-access customers in the first quarter of 2017 and is supported by Linux and Android.
About Theobroma Systems
Theobroma Systems is a leading provider of embedded systems solutions for industrial and high-assurance applications. Theobroma Systems provides engineering services and turnkey system-on-module designs, accelerating time-to-market and reducing project risk for customers.
Key contributions from Theobroma Systems that redefined the state-of-the-art for embedded modules include:
- the world’s first family of processor modules featuring an EAL4+ certified, “government-grade” security module
- the world’s first 64bit ARM module with 10GbE connectivity (HeliX2-COMExpress)
- the world’s first 64bit ARM module in a micro-Qseven form-factor (A64-uQ7)
The company is located in Vienna, Austria
Rockchip is China’s leading fabless semiconductor company and has been honored with China Chip Awards for 9 times.
Being a premium end-to-end SoC solution provider for Tablet, OTT-Box, ARM PC, In-vehicle devices, VR, Robot, Drone, IoT, Image processing, Multi-media audio&video products and Embedded industry application, Rockchip is committed to providing more competitive solutions to fuel successful growth for our customers today and in coming future.
With the headquarters based in Fuzhou, Rockchip has established R&D centers in Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen respectively.
Official website: http://www.rock-chips.com/a/en/index.html
Theobroma Systems GmbH
Phone: +43 1 2369893-304
Phone: +86 0755 86690899