NEXT-GENERATION Q7 MODULE
The RK3399-Q7 SoM is one of our high-end standard modules, powering and supporting applications in the industrial space featuring low power, high-performance processor.
The supported features of RK3399-Q7 list:
- Two high-performance ARM Cortex-A72 cores (up to 2GHz) & four power-optimized Cortex-A53
- A rich peripheral mix and flexible interfaces
- Advanced hardware-security providing government-grade security combined into a power-optimized module
- Best-in-class connectivity
- Glueless video and camera interface
- Hardware-accelerated video encode and decode
- Support for GPGPU computing with OpenCL
Standard pin-out and small form-factor
Measuring a space-saving 70mm x 70mm and adhering to the industry-standard Qseven pin-out, the RK3399-Q7 is a low-risk choice for developing future-proof devices. It features high-performance embedded peripherals, advanced hardware-security and fast processing to create connected industrial devices with rich user interfaces.
Designed and supported in Vienna, Austria
Every module we design, is backed by our expertise in system-level design, embedded software engineering and performance engineering. Our engineers support industrial end-users and maintain development tools for semiconductor vendors. Our experienced teams can augment your in-house design resources to bring your design to market faster.
Based on first-hand experience with using Android in challenging industrial applications, we can offer support for Android on request and provide a customized board-support packages. We understand your requirements, whether you need a kiosk application or a secure container for untrusted code.
State-of-the-art security for your assets
Our modules are designed to specifically address security and asset protection using an EAL4+ certified security module. A GlobalPlatform 2.2.1 compliant JavaCard environment provides a trusted foundation for security applications including digital asset protection, secure key-storage and remote device authentication.
Hardware 4K Video Decoding
H264 and H265 videos are decoded with hardware assistance, up to resolutions of 4096×2160 pixels. The video unit of the RK3399-Q7 performs smooth playback of Ultra-HD content while keeping the CPU free for other tasks.
- Form factor
Rockchip RK3399 Hexa-Core
2x ARM Cortex-A72
4x ARM Cortex-A53
2x 80kB + 4x 64kB L1 cache and 1MB + 512kB L2 cache
ARMv8 Cryptography Extensions
2x ARM Cortex-M0 coprocessors
ARM Mali T864MP4 GPU RGA2 2D Graphics Engine
Video decoder: H.265, H.264, VP9 up to 4K @ 60fps
Video encoder: H.264 up to FullHD @ 30fps
DDR3, up to 4GB on-module
- NOR Flash
- Up to 16MB SPI NOR flash on-module
DDR3, up to 4GB on-module
10/100/1000 Mbps (with an on-module triple-speed GbE PHY)
1x USB 3.0 dual-role 2x USB 3.0 host 1x USB 2.0 host
HDMI 2.0, up to 4K @ 60fps
MIPI DSI, up to 2560×1600 @ 60fps
eDP, up to 4 lanes with 2.7 Gb/s each
- 2x MIPI-CSI, 2x 4 lanes with up to 1.5Gb/s each
- On-module communication offload controller for CAN
- Additional Interfaces
- UART, 8x GPIO, I2S, I2C, SMBus, SPI, FAN
- Security Module
Global Platform 2.2.1 compliant JavaCard environment
On-module state-of-the-art, EAL5 +certified smartcard controller
- Operating Systems
- Power Management
- Dynamic frequency and voltage scaling for thermal and power management
- Power Supply
- Operates directly from a single 5V supply
- on demand
- Operating environment
Commercial 0ºC to 75ºC
Extended temperature ranges are available on request.
- 70mm x 70mm
- RK3399-Q7 Design Notes v1.0
- RK3399-Q7 Module Datasheet v1.4
Rockchip System-on-Chip Documentation
- AN60301 Gopher WiFi Module
- AN60302 DSI Display
The RK3399-Q7 User Manual is also available as HTML.